Tuesday 2 October 2012

The Last Stop


Photo Credit
Klickr Hive Mind

In the stuffy heat I notice her, her eyes burning into me
I breathe in the filthy air and try to ignore but she draws me in
The longer she stares, the more I wonder
Do I know this sad girl sitting on the floor, have I wronged her?
She frightens me to a slight degree
The curiosity is eating at me
Why is she so intent on grabbing my attention?

I give her a fleeting look
She remains stern and her eyes are locked
I realise I am all alone on this carriage with the sad lost girl
Taunting me with her glare

Her stop approaches, it seems
As she gathers up her belongings

Photo Credit
The Ghost Train Rides Again
Illustration

I wait for the inevitable confrontation that never came
And a part of me is disappointed as the mystery is not explained
She floats past me but never releases her eerie grip
She whispers a line that will haunt me forever
“I was never here’’

As I wait for my stop I feel her eyes on me
Burning with torment and anguish from afar

A shudder engulfs me and a sinister pang of guilt arises
A past memory envelops me of distant nightmares

Now I remember, now I see
This is the girl who haunts me, every night just past three
The girl on the floor is the one who knocks on my door
And tells me she loves me


She stands in the shadows of my subconscious
And never lets me sleep

Photo Credit
The Ghost Train Station by Daniele Pagotto

How could I forget the one action I regret?
Letting this poor girl go in the darkness that night
Now I am terrified and every sound gives me a fright
And I see her in every dream

Now as I sit alone on the platform I can see
That these nightmares are now a reality
I see her harrowing face in the mist
Blowing me her last ever kiss

Signed
Patricia Hilton

No comments: