Sunday 2 September 2012

Some Not-So-Recent Films

While I was away on holiday, I watched a few films that were quite good. They are more teenage type films but they were still good nonetheless so I thought I would just give a very brief insight into them just in case anyone is interested!

When I watched them, it was a lazy day, a movie marathon day (the best of days!).

Beastly (2011)

Photo Credit


Starring: Alex Pettyfer (Kyle), Vanessa Hudgens (Lindy), Mary-Kate Olsen (Kendra)

Quick Review: This film is a take on the Disney film Beauty and the Beast and with all its downfalls (being a bit cheesy and some questionable acting) it has some touching and funny moments. It's one of those guilty pleasures that you watch and don't tell anyone (Damn....). Pettyfer is weirdly likeable even when he is acting like a douche and Hudgens is the kind of girl everyone would want to be. Olsen is the only real disappointment for me being too typically a-typical but other than that, if you don't take it too seriously it's a nice Sunday afternoon family film.

Rating: 5/10

The Jerk Theory (2009)



Photo Credit

Starring: Josh Henderson (Adam), Jenna Dewan-Tatum (Molly)

Quick Review: Really fun rom com about a boy that decides to act like a jerk to get girls since being nice got him nowhere until he meets the one girl who doesnt fall for his act! Henderson is charming (and gorgeous) and Dewan-Tatum is beautiful and annoyingly perfect! The real gem of the film is the relationship between Adam and his friends, they are quirky and funny - proving that geeks can be cool! I laughed and enjoyed this film but I could'nt rate it higher as it is very predictable. But I did cry at the end.... (what is wrong with me?)

Rating: 6.5/10


The Pact (2012)


Photo Credit

Starring: Caity Lotz (Annie), Casper Van Dien (Bill Creek)

Quick Review: A good twist to a paranormal type horror as it is quite unexpected. It's a little slow going at first but there are some genuinely creepy moments. I am not sure if it is scarier in the cinema or at home but I have an inkling (without spoiling the twist) that watching it at home would be worse! The acting is good but there are some unexplained elements to the film as well as the name not being very fitting to the plot. Other than that, it is quite a good movie!

Rating: 6/10

Until next time movie lovers...

No comments: