Friday 20 July 2012

Quarter-Life Crisis

My friend has decided to dabble in the writing world and with some thoughts weighing on his mind he decided to transfer them into a poem. I love the exprerssion in this poem and I think for a first attempt, he has shown incredible talent! So I will now share his words...

Close to three decades of blood, sweat and tears of joy
Tears of pain and tears of laughter
Memories of ‘back in the day’, weighed down by an overwhelming sense of underachievement
This, is my quarter life crisis
Still young at heart and young in the face as the doors of opportunity appear to slam shut, hit me in the arse and lock themselves behind me
“If I knew then what I know now”, as I write this apology to my 15 year old self
Filled with regrets, replaying episodes of the past 26 years I take stock of my assets
My health, my family, my friends
Money can’t buy me love and I will repay them all with my successes
So as I write this promise to myself in 5 – 10 years I am consoled by the thought that “Life begins at 40”
That was my quarter life crisis

Signed

GeorgeBradley

Also featured on DMVCulture and FluidLanguage

No comments: