Monday 30 July 2012

My Heart's Taken

Photo Credit


The one thing I have always wanted
Is someone like you to make me finally feel content
I have looked and other times I have forgotten
All the time feeling that life was rotten

Now I have you, you must be mad to think I will let you go
I have your heart and it means the world to me knowing I’m trusted
I know I have something worth all the hassle and patience
Even if keeping it from others is hard as our love is blatant

In hindsight I would have found someone who affected my life in a lesser fashion
But where’s the fun in that?
Where’s the thrill and passion and unexplainable urge
Knowing all along your reputation could be purged

The excitement is far greater
And the love outweighs the danger
I wouldn’t change us for the world and I see your face on his
Knowing he will never match whatever this is

No one will know if this is true or some figment of an imaginary thought
As I never speak your name in the fear of getting caught
Until the day we meet again
Know I will love you as much as the deepest pain

I will always have my heart here waiting, I will never close that door
You will always be part of my life, even though I do not have you anymore

Signed

Patricia Hilton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are such a creative writer. I think your style of writing is very now.

I like your use of descriptive words.

Amazing writer. You will go far.