Thursday 13 October 2011

Halloween Poetry

In the run up to All Hallow's Eve I have been collaborating with a fantastic tweeter @johnnywhizzbang to create poems that relate to some eery photographs. Via his website,  I have posted a few poems that link to the photographs provided by him.

His website is sufficiently creepy and spine-chilling for this time of year. Halloween is one of my favourite holidays as I love trick or treating, the ghost stories told and of course the ritual horror movie fest.

Here are the poems that have been featured so far, there will be more in the run up to the 31st October but I thought I would share the genius of this site to all those people (like me) who appreciate this sort of art.


''Darkness engulfs the room
I hear empty whispers of lost regrets
Shifting moves in the faint moonlight
Their eyes fixate on my human presence''


''Empty vessels carry years of loneliness
Laughing demons trick those who listen
Together on this one frivolous night
These creatures rise to give us a fright''


''The night draws close and I hear them howl
They cry towards the moon and know they are heard
Creeping through their lives with a hidden secret
On this night they shall be revealed''

I have done a print-screen so you can just see my specific poems but please go to the actual website and have a look, you won't be disappointed >  http://johnnywhizzbangshalloween.tumblr.com/

Also, if you love horror movies like myself, have a look at my TOP 10 Horror Movies by clicking the link. Let me know your favourite horror films too!

My twitter handle: @trishaaa_