Tuesday 19 February 2013

Arnie Is Back In The Game!

Arnold Schwarzenegger in...
The Last Stand (15)

Well this was a real treat for me! I am a massive Arnie fan so watching this was a no brainer! I love the cheesy lines and the slightly unbelievable action sequences considering his age! However this film hits all the right spots. Arnie has not been defeated by his age but has come to terms with it by still holding his ground as one of the top action hero's while still maintaining a realistic edge.

This film has romance, action, more action and guns! What more could you ask for? I like the storyline of a highly dangerous drug cartel crossing the small town in his massive escape route to the Mexican Boarder to be faced with an unlikely team of misfits who come together to defend their Town. I also like the slight dig at the FBI who couldn't manage to stop the gangster while the small town of Sommerton had no problem!

My favourite quote has to be:

Photo Credit

''How do you feel Sheriff? - OLD''

What I love about Schwarzenegger films is the fact that you always come away from them remembering a tag line or a quote and this film does deliver:

''We are not going to let that guy come through our town without a fight''

My only niggling issue is the fact that Eduardo Noregia who played this ruthless drug cartel (Gabriel) is not really scary enough. He is very small and kind of cringey in his mannerisms (when trying to act tough) so I wish we had a better villain to fear! I fully enjoyed the fight scene at the end, as he showed some expert fighting moves but he was no match - seriously I felt like jumping in!

Good film, Great action sequences but not a tough enough cartel to take on Arnie!

1 comment:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I am plannong in seeing this soon. Arnold always had a good tag line. Great review as always Trisha.