Monday 7 January 2013

My Opinion On Skyfall

Skyfall (2012) Rating 12A




Firstly, I am going to state outright that I am not the biggest fan of the Bond films (I know a lot my loyal readers will gasp at this comment) but for some reason it has never really rocked my boat. I am partial to the ones starring Sean Connery as I feel he epitomises the real action man! He is charming and suave as well as being a believable tough guy!

However I have never found the more recent ones (starring Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig) to be that thrilling. To be honest I prefer Pierce (look at me on first name basis like I know the guy), as at least I can see what would attract the ladies to him but Daniel Craig....really? I literally can only think they chose him for the role because he comes across as tough with a good set of abs. I know I will get some kind of backlash for this but I just don't like him as Bond...I find him boring, barely charming and just a drip.

Back to the actual film, I did like the action sequences but I found it a little bit long winded. It seemed to last for a Century and I found myself getting a bit confused (and a little sleepy). I also found out consequently that this film has been rated 2nd in the 2012 Movie Releases with the most mistakes (moviemistakes.com) with a total of 35 errors ... no wonder I was confused!

If you are a lover of the Bond franchise then of course, you have to see the 23rd instalment but for me, it is a little bit overly stretched now!

Let me know your opinion of the film in the comments below!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Completely agree, Daniel Craig does not suit the James Bond role, regardless of whether they're trying to modernise it or not. In the early films, Connery typified everything that James Bond is; suave, charming, laid-back...ultimately the quintessential cool Englishman. Moore did it. Brosnan came close, although I don't take him that seriously as an actor. Apart from Javier Bardem's performance as Silva, Skyfall was a let down, and I found myself forgetting that it was a Bond film. Only aspect worth applauding was the soundtrack