Tuesday 5 June 2012

Obsessions, ramblings and other (most probably) irrelevant news from my life!

Lately I have been slacking in the film department. I haven't made the time to follow up on my film obsessions to see films such as The Avengers Assemble (12A), What to Expect When You're Expecting (12A) or Prometheus (15). I have been wanting to see a number of films but I have also been trying to read up on some classics and get in touch with my poetry!

I have been writing for a poetry blogspot - FluidLanguage -for a few months now and I have realised I have not read enough poetry to help inspire me for future work. So I have been reading the likes of Emily Bronte, Sappho and Homer as well as some classic books I purchased in a quaint antique store in Weymouth.


PHOTO: Property of Patricia Hilton
I have also been focusing on building my loving collection of DVDs. My main aim is to collect every film that stars Leonardo DiCaprio because as most people who know me, they know I am a massive fan of his work. So far I have 11 of his films:


PHOTO: Property of Patricia Hilton

But the last remaining ones that I need are as follows:

Now for me, films are a memory of my childhood where I sat up late with my Dad being allowed to watch films my friends probably didn't even know about. I allow myself to escape from the real world by watching them and I like to learn about them and collect them. This is the same for my writing and poetry. I like to read up and learn more so that I can improve.

I have neglected my blog in the last month or so but in that time I have read some amazing books and poems. One of my favourite's is by Sappho:

He is more than a hero

He is more than a hero
he is a god in my eyes--
the man who is allowed
to sit beside you -- he

who listens intimately
to the sweet murmur of
your voice, the enticing

laughter that makes my own
heart beat fast. If I meet
you suddenly, I can'

speak -- my tongue is broken;
a thin flame runs under
my skin; seeing nothing,

hearing only my own ears
drumming, I drip with sweat;
trembling shakes my body

and I turn paler than
dry grass. At such times
death isn't far from me

However I do miss the cinema! I have missed out on some films I really need to see so I will be making a few necessary trips to catch up!

Hope the rambling's put all my readers in the mood to stick on a film! I watched To Wong Foo (1995), Con Air (1997) and Tucker and Dale vs Evil (2010) last night in a movie marathon and I realised how much I missed sitting and watching movies on the sofa with friends and popcorn. The Bank Holiday was the perfect excuse but I need to start doing this more often, it saves me money but also allows me to brush up on my movie knowledge for the film game a twitter pal @Ant_Wright_ and I came up with called #NameThatFilm.

Follow me on @Trishaaa_ if you are interested in testing your movie quote knowledge! Hit me up with a quote and I have to guess which film it is and vice versa! Remember to hash tag me with #ntf.

Love a bit of movie fun!

Enjoy the rest of what is left of the Bank Holiday!

No comments: