Wednesday 17 August 2011

Gyptian

Due to twitter, I have been asked if I review music and to be fair, I haven't as of yet. My taste is music is very varied. I sometimes wake up and I am in the mood for a bit of Meatloaf and other mornings I am more in the mood for some Bob Marley. When I go out clubbing I am not the techno type, I love music you can bump and grind to. My preference on a night out is bashment and RnB as well as dancehall.

I am rigid when I am out clubbing, it has to be something I can sing along to and it has to have a beat you can really dance to, not something you just do the same boring movements to. I enjoy listening to more laid back music at home. I like songs that have meaning and really make you relate it to something happening in your life.

I am a big fan of Gyptian and I like his style of music because it varies from something you can sit and chill to, to a song you can really dance to. He hit us last year with his song 'Hold Yuh' where he collaborated with Nicki Minaj. Since she has been such a phenomenon, I believe this really boosted his single. This song epitomizes that summer feel and everyone was playing it in the clubs, their cars or at home.

Five years ago Gyptian had a hit with the single 'Serious Times' and this is such a laid back, chilling with your friend's kind of song. I love the quality in his voice. He has a lot of soul in his voice and all of his songs have meaning behind them if you take the time to listen. I do like his more upbeat tracks, especially 'Nah Let go' but it is one track in particular that really is on my 25 most played on my iPod. The song 'I Can Feel Your Pain' is the type of song that makes you sit back and think about the words.
I love the high notes he uses and the reference to how women should be treated is something I like in an Artist when they are being positive about it. It relates to what a lot of women want and if Gyptian can give it, then line up ladies! I have set that song on replay too many times.

His music is smooth and is slow at times but I like the variety, like I said one minute he is singing about wanting to love a woman to then wanting to grind and hold her in a different sense. All of his songs make me want to listen and I am always waiting to listen to a new track of his, or a long lost one!

I want to really get into music reviewing so I am starting small and hoping to work my way up to more detailed posts. I am a lover of all things with a good beat and baseline but more importantly IT'S THE WORDS! You should never just know the chorus, listen and hear what is behind the lyrics and what the Artist is trying to portray in their songs. Doing this makes a song much more special and relatable to you and not just any old song you listen to for a summer and then move on the next 'in' thing.

I hope Gyptian lasts long in this industry as he has brought something to the table that can rival some of my other favourite Artists such as Jah Cure and Vybz Kartel. Don't even get me started on them, they are too much to handle!

I have set out a few of my favourite songs of Gyptian and I had to throw in a couple from the Artists I mentioned above, I couldn't help myself after listening to them again on YOUTUBE, so have a listen >>>


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

good music!

Trisha Hilton said...

thanks x

Michelle Lee said...

Great music

Followed your blog as you requested :) hope you do the same for me?

Trisha Hilton said...

of course @michellelee :)

OneRedCherry said...

great music!
i follow u
thanks for the comment

http://www.oneredcherry.com

Trisha Hilton said...

@oneredcherry thankyou i am following yours too

Anonymous said...

Interesting music choice, a great intro def.

xx,http://heelsandwedges.blogspot.com/

Trisha Hilton said...

@Fatitha I am following your blog, thankyou for the comment

@Miriam thankyou for taking the time to comment, checking out your blog now!!!